All the spaces of the exhibition grounds have been redesigned as part of the #Safebusiness by IEG project, to ensure that every phase of the show is completely safe for all operators.
1. Social Distancing
1.1 GUARANTEED SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE WALKWAYS AND PAVILIONS
The dimensions of the walkways, which are in accordance with the standard exhibition layout, ensure social distancing rules can be respected.
1.2 GUARANTEED DISTANCING AND DISINFECTION OF CONFERENCE ROOMS
Based on the width of individual seats and the distance between rows (distance between the backrests), the layout adopted uses alternate seats, staggered by row so as to ensure a minimum distance of 1 metre between participants.
It is also ensured that spaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
All attendees must wear masks.
1.3 GUIDELINES FOR SIDE EVENTS
In preparing the layout for seated sessions, the same applies for side events as for conference rooms. The number of participants is counted at the entrance to ensure compliance with the guaranteed maximum capacity, and checks are conducted to ensure social distancing is being observed.
2. Transport to get to the show
2.1 TRANSPORT SERVICES MANAGEMENT
Italian Exhibition Group will analyse with its public or private transport service managers (Mobility Agency – Taxis – Private Vehicles) the maximum capacity of vehicles, and will consequently work to scale the service so as to guarantee appropriate and safe transport.
3. Entering the show
3.1 ENTRY DURING SET-UP AND DISASSEMBLY
To access the Exhibition Grounds during set-up and disassembly, all the measures applied to date are in force (available in the exhibitors’ reserved area, Access Management section), in addition to a temperature check for persons entering from any active gate (both for those on foot and in vehicles); those with a temperature of less than 37.5 °C shall be permitted entry.
An ad hoc healthcare facility is in operation, and guarantees a professional and speedy response in the event of suspected cases; furthermore, the Grounds contain a “quarantine” area that is completely compartmentalised, should the need arise.
Persons may exclusively access and work in the area if equipped with appropriate PPE (masks as regards the biological risk resulting from Covid-19), and should plan their activities taking care to guarantee constant social distancing of at least 1 metre during all operations.
3.2 ENTRY DURING THE DAYS OF THE SHOW
To access the Exhibition Grounds during the show, a temperature check is conducted before entry is granted to the covered area (attendees may only be granted access if their temperature is less than 37.5°C).
Access to the indoor areas of the Exhibition Grounds is only granted to those wearing a mask (for those who do not have one, a mask distribution point will be located at each entrance, with masks charged at €0.50 each). Note that masks must be worn for the entire time you remain within the Grounds.
4. Safe services at the show
4.1 CONDUCT WITHIN THE EXHIBITION GROUNDS
- Appropriate information on the preventive measures is provided within the Exhibition Grounds by notices, audio and video messages, and by personnel trained to check that visitor flows remain steady and promote proper conduct.
- Numerous hand gel distribution points are provided: before and after entrances, in the communal and catering areas, conference rooms, toilets, etc.
- Trained service staff at the entrances will regulate flows to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- All front desk stations are equipped with physical barriers (e.g. plexiglass screens).
- Clothing and personal items are placed in special garment bags in cloakrooms.
- Measures will be conducted to prevent gatherings and ensure smooth slows through walkways.
5. Disinfection of exhibition areas
5.1 CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF THE PREMISES CONDUCTED BY ITALIAN EXHIBITION GROUP
The whole structure is completely disinfected before the start of the show. During the show, surfaces that the public may come into contact with (bathrooms, doors, fixtures, handles, handrails, etc.) are continually wiped with certified products that guarantee they are clean and completely disinfected (sodium hypochlorite, ethanol, hydrogen peroxide).
The air-conditioning system is completely disinfected before the start of the show. It operates exclusively with complete air exchange, and consequently emits only clean outdoor air. The indoor air is taken up by the air exchanger and completely expelled to the outside.
Air extraction is maintained in constant working order in the bathrooms. Cleaning and disinfection times are displayed within the premises.
6. Stand planning and management
6.1 GUIDELINES FOR PLANNING EXHIBITION STANDS
- Adopt staging procedures that limit assembly times and the introduction of equipment/materials in the pavilions, such as stands with prefinished structures.
- Favour designs with very open stands, reducing obstructions to a minimum (fixed furnishings, structures, other, etc.) that limit their useful floor area.
- Organise spaces so as to allow compliance with social distancing rules.
- Plan visitor flows within the stand, taking care to avoid gathering points, junctions or contact, thereby ensuring constant social distancing;
- Assess the possibility of having separate entrance and exit areas from the stand.
- Create meeting stations for clients (desks, tables, chairs) that meet the social distancing requirement of 1 metre.
6.2 GUIDELINES ON DESIGNING MEETING AND CONFERENCE ROOMS WITHIN THE STAND
Based on the width of individual seats and the distance between rows (distance between the backrests), a layout that uses alternate seats, staggered by row, is sufficient. It is necessary to ensure the space is regularly cleaned and disinfected. For completely closed rooms, a forced air exchange system must be provided.
All participants must wear masks.
6.3 MEASURES THAT MAY BE TAKEN BY EXHIBITORS TO ENSURE PROPER CONDUCT
- Use furnishings and structures made of easy-to-clean materials.
- Completely disinfect the stand on a daily basis.
- The stand cleaning service provided by IEG SpA cleans and disinfects the stand every day with appropriate products.
- If you choose to adopt solutions that incorporate completely closed spaces, you must have an appropriate system that guarantees constant air exchange.
- One or more hand gel distribution points must be provided at every stand, particularly where there could be contact with furnishings, brochures or the products being exhibited.
- Any information or promotional materials or gadgets must be made available preferably in display units that allow self-service (after hand washing) or through digital supports.
- Assess the possibility of adopting a system to check social distancing and flows.
- Promote the use of meeting management platforms, to organise flows and adopt the necessary measures to stagger visitors throughout the day.
- If there are meeting rooms and/or conference rooms within the stand, checks must be conducted at the entrance to count the number of participants to ensure compliance with the guaranteed maximum capacity. Social distancing checks must also be carried out, and the spaces must be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- If the exhibition activity includes entertainment, product presentation, show cooking, etc., an invitations and attendance management platform must be set up. For sampling activities, appropriate floor signs that facilitate social distancing must be provided.
- In order to make it easier to dispose of PPE, we recommend providing pedal bins lined with bags.
- Avoid the use of shared hangers. A cloakroom service may only be provided if it is possible to avoid contact between clothing and items, for example by placing them in single-use bags.
7. Preparation and serving of food within the stand
7.1 PREPARATION OF FOOD AT THE STAND
1. The flooring of areas used to prepare, handle and cook food must be impermeable surfaces that are easy to wash and disinfect (materials such as carpeting are not suitable);
2. The preparation area must be equipped with at least one sink with hot water;
3. All fridges used must be equipped with a thermometer with external display;
4. Rationalise the space as much as possible, avoiding contact between food and non-food products (cleaning products, staff clothing, etc.);
5. Adopt and apply a self-monitoring plan in accordance with the HACCP system, to be made available to the authorities responsible for conducting controls.
7.2 PROVISION OF FOOD AND DRINKS
1. Do not make menus, magazines and information material freely available.
2. Favour table service for guests in order to ensure social distancing of at least 1 metre is maintained.
3. Consumption at the bar is only permitted if social distancing of at least 1 metre can be maintained.
4. A buffet service may be organised if the food is served by staff, excluding the possibility that customers can touch that on display and ensuring, in any event, that both customers and staff maintain social distancing and wear masks.
5. Self-service buffets are permitted provided they consist exclusively of single-serve packaged products, and care is taken to ensure to design and scale the spaces to prevent gatherings and ensure social distancing.
6. Displaying food products (even cooked) is prohibited, unless they are protected by appropriate screens or closed cabinets.
7. Where in use, table linen must be changed for every customer. If table coverings are not used, the tables must be cleaned for every customer.
8. Condiments, salt, bread, crackers, grissini, etc. are to be provided in single-serve packs.
All current regulations regarding the provision and handling of food and drink in any case remain in force.
8. Catering services in the exhibition grounds
The “Saltafila” app enables you to book, pay and pick up a lunch box from special points after setting a pick-up time slot.
8.2 MEAL CONSUMPTION
Single-portion Lunch Boxes and Coffee Boxes made of single-use, biodegradable material are used.
Tables within the refreshment area are arranged so as to ensure social distancing can be maintained between people seated at the same table. It is possible to book a meal with delivery directly to the stand.
8.3 SERVICE STAFF
All staff are subject to a body temperature check before being granted access to preparation areas. All staff are provided with masks. Products are stored and handled in accordance with HACCP regulations. Work areas are inspected to ensure all staff involved in preparation maintain the proper safe distances between them.
8.4 PREMISES AND AREAS
Kitchens, store rooms, workshops, vehicles and equipment are disinfected regularly with hydrogen peroxide and other products approved by the Italian National Institute of Health (Istituto Superiori di Sanità).
Contact surfaces (tables, chairs, etc.) are continuously cleaned and disinfected.
Further information on how to organise your participation as an exhibitor
Click here for more information.